Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 02, 2005

    Flawed Logic

    One of the most interesting and flawed ploys that Bobby Bowden has resorted to is to say that if you have never played football, shut up. You have no right to comment on my or my son's coaching performance. Really? Well, first coach, there is the first amendment so I guess and I other fans do have the right to criticize.

    The last time I checked there are not too many coaches that are Rhodes scholars. Football play calling is not rocket science. Most people including my wife can tell poor play calling when she sees it.

    If we took Bowden's flawed logic, we would never be able to question our physician's diagnosis, our financial adviser's advice, or anyone else. After all, they are the professionals.

    It is what the Greeks called hubris or false pride that has fans infuriated. We have the audacity to question the great one or his son.

    No comments: