Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 07, 2007

    My View: It's About Time


    A story in the Tallahasssee Democrat today indicates that T.K. Wetherell does not plan to renew Dave Hart's contract when it expires in 2009. The only thing that I can say is that it's about time.

    I have written several My Views regarding Hart and the FSU program. On April 4 of this year, I criticized Hart because of his lack of leadership regarding the basketball program. At that time, I said that I had..."had enough Hart. It is time for someone new." Apparently T.K. thinks so also.

    Dave Hart in many respects has gained what influence he has by being in the right place at the right time. He has been able to ride Bobby Bowden's coattails for all these years. However, when you look at those things that he actually did, the proof as they say is in the pudding. His hires relating to the basketball program have been awful. His inaction regarding to the Jeff Bowden situation and the subsequent payoff of Bowden were examples of his lack of leadership.

    Dave Hart has been a great promoter for Dave Hart. A lot of fluff but very little substance. The decision by T.K. Wetherell to say goodbye to Hart if the story is accurate is good news. We need an athletic director who can take FSU to the next level in all sports.

    No comments: