Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, November 27, 2007

    Noles Go West For Commitment Number 20


    FSU coaches have hit the recruiting trail and already the Noles have one commit. Jimbo Fisher headed out west to El Camino Community College in California to get the verbal commitment of Tavares Pressley. The 6-foot-1, 215-pound running back led El Camino with 832 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. Pressley is the 20th commitment for the Noles for 2008.

    Pressley in the past has said, "To tell you the truth, I am from Florida (Arcadia), so it would be nice if some Florida schools starting offering me. But I do not care which school I sign with. I just want to go in there and help them win games. That is what type of back I am." So when Fisher offered him a scholarship, Pressley didn't hesitate. The Noles have already gotten a commitment from El Camino wide receiver Corey Surrency earlier in the season. Pressley had interest from such schools as Kansas State, Nebraska, Arizona,Ole Miss, and Tulsa.

    Pressley's height and size fits into Jimbo Fisher's goal of recruiting larger running backs. So what is Pressley's main reason for picking a school? Says Pressley, "I am just looking to win games. I want to go to a team where it is all about winning games because you can be better than everybody and doing real good, "


    No comments: