Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 18, 2007

    Top Ranked QB Visits FSU This Weekend



    In June, 2007, E.J. Manuel made his verbal commitment to FSU. The 6'5" 210 pound quarterback from Virginia Beach(Va) Bayside is the the nation's No. 1 rated pro-style signal-caller . Despite his athletic ability Manuel is a pocket passer who just happens to have the ability to evade the rush and make a play. When that happens he can tuck it and run and throw on the run. He can also stand tall in the pocket and pick you apart. Manuel will hang on to the ball, deliver an accurate pass and take the big hit. When he has time to set his feet he can throw with great velocity. He can make all the passes and throw with touch.

    As a junior, he passed for almost 2,000 yards and completed 56 percent of his passes last season for 15 touchdowns and seven interceptions. His senior year has not been as productive but he still has put up impressive numbers. In his most recent high school football game, Manuel threw for 352 yards and three touchdowns.

    This weekend will be Manuel's second visit to Tallahassee. He will be bringing his family and is looking forward to the visit. A piece in Sports Ilustrated in June, 2007 describes Manuel in glowing terms. "You rarely hear the phrase "perfect prospect" on the recruiting trail, but I've heard college coaches utter those words more than a few times this year about Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside quarterback E.J. Manuel."

    Before making his commitment to the Noles, Manuel was being recruited by Alabama, Boston College, LSU, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, Oregon, Penn State, Rutgers and Tennessee.

    Here is what he had to say after he commited to the Noles. "I'm pretty intelligent, I like to think. So offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher and I will see eye to eye. I'm a competitor. I'm not going to be afraid of playing in the Miami game or anything like that. I see a lot of similarity (in Fisher) that I see with coach (Darnell) Moore at my high school. They are going to tell me what I need to hear not what I want to hear.”

    Sounds like the kind of athlete we need at FSU.

    No comments: