Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 30, 2006

    My View: Humility A Great Virtue


    I have finished watching the Bobby Bowden Show and as usual, I am amazed at the attitude of Bobby Bowden. When fans call in and dare to criticize the "great one" they are belittled or a snide remark is made in regard to their question. Isn't it time we had a coach with a little more class?

    The utter arrogance shown by Bobby Bowden is shameful. I shouldn't be surprised but I always hope that some kind of humility will be forthcoming from a coach that has had such horrible seasons recently. A glimpse of that utter disdain for fans was shown in a recent comment by Ann Bowden when she said that we the fans needed Bobby Bowden more than he needed us.

    I am hopeful that in the not too distant future we will have a head coach that not only can speak the King's English but also can be civil and possess humility in both victory as well as in defeat.

    No comments: