Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 07, 2007

    Noles Get Commitment Number 21


    The Noles landed their 21st commitment for 2008 when they offered a scholarship to East Mississippi Community College running back LaGarrette Blount who quickly made his verbal commit to the Noles. Blount at 6'2" and 230 pounds fits into Jimbo Fisher's ideal of a power running back.

    He had signed with Auburn in 2006 but later enrolled at East Mississippi. In 2006, he rushed for 1, 259 and 12TD's in only eight games of action as a freshman for East MS CC. In 2007, he ran for 1,042 yards and nine touchdowns. Blount will take his official visit to FSU on December 14th. FSU is very familiar to Blount since he grew up and played high school ball in nearby Perry, Florida.

    Blount is a big back that the Noles have been sorely lacking since Greg Jones left. Rick Trickett was the coach in charge of Blount’s recruiting along with Jimbo Fisher.Blount states, “Coach Trickett is the one I hear from at FSU. He is a pretty cool guy who shoots it straight to me. He tells me they are looking for a big back that can carry the ball 25 times a game." Blount adds, "Right now I am running a 4.43 forty. It is legit. I’d like to get it down to around a 4.4 flat. I am happy with being 230 and that’s where I want to stay at. The 230 is good weight and there is no fat on me. I am a muscular kid. Some people say I am big bruiser like Greg Jones." If he is close to what Greg Jones was, then he will be a welcome addition to the team in 2008.

    No comments: