For those of you making the trip to Nashville for the game or watching it on television, here are some fun facts about the city of Nashville:
* Q. What famous Nashville candy is made of chocolate, caramel, marshmallows and peanuts?
A. Goo Goo's
* Did you know airmail originated in Nashville?
John Lillard knew people would pay if he could find a way to move the mail faster. He had the first air mail stamp issued in 1877 for balloon service! Although his dream was deflated, he was happily vindicated when the first practical air mail service departed from Nashville on July 29, 1924 in an airplane.
* Q. What is Nashville's most famous nickname?
A. Music City
* Did you know that Music City was the first to enjoy static-free radio?
Nashville was granted the first FM license in the U.S. in 1941.
* Q. According to the Lovin' Spoonful, how many guitar pickers are there in Nashville?
* Q. After drinking a cup of locally produced coffee in Nashville, which US president coined the phrase "good to the last drop!"?
A. President Theodore Roosevelt
Friday, December 28, 2007
Posted by tallynolefan at 4:25 AM