Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007

    BC And Miami Pick Up Huge Commits


    * Junior Okpara, a cornerback from Sugar Land, Texas, had given a verbal commitment to Arkansas. When Nutt resigned and took the Mississippi job, Okpara had second thoughts and visited Boston College and Missouri. When the Razorbacks hired Petrino, Okpara decided to make a change and Monday night announced he was verbally committing to BC.

    "I chose Boston College because I felt out of the three schools, that's where I felt more comfortable at and where I was the best fit," Okpara told the Arkansas Democrat.

    "The problem with Arkansas was the reputation of Coach Petrino leaving during the season," Okpara said. "I didn't want to play ball for a coach that had a reputation like that. That kind of drove me away from Arkansas."

    * The University of Miami picked up a huge victory when it received a verbal commitment Monday from Wichita East High linebacker Arthur Brown.

    The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Brown is rated the nation's No. 2 player at his position and 24th overall by Rivals.com. He chose the Hurricanes over Florida, LSU, Southern Cal and North Carolina. Brown announced his decision at the Kansas Hall of Fame, placing a UM hat on his head as he made his choice public.

    No comments: