Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 27, 2007

    Reed Ready To Compete

    Remember Bert Reed? He is the Panama City football player who had originally commited to the Gators but later commited to the Noles. The Panama City-Bay Senior High standout is a popular prospect with Seminole fans due to his 4.4-forty speed and ability to play multiple positions at Florida State. And it doesn't hurt that he switched from the Gators.

    The soon-to-be Seminole freshman recently watched his future team from the sidelines of the spring game. It was the first time that the 6-foot and 165-pounder had witnessed any organized FSU football inside Doak Campbell Stadium and his excitement was evident.

    "I am really looking forward to this opportunity I have," Reed said. "Coach tells me that there are a lot of spots (on the depth chart) open. That makes me happy. I just want the opportunity to show everyone what I can do and that I am happy to be a Seminole."

    The openings that Reed is referring to are at the wide receiver spot. Are you listening Greg Carr?

    1 comment:

    T Turner said...

    I seen bert reed play against a very good Lynn Haven Moseley team and he won that game despite his WR dropping wide open passes and deep balls...To me he is the best hs football player I have ever seen so far and that is including L. Coles, Ciatrick Fason, Lito Sheppard, Leon Washington, and Jabar Gaffney. Can't help that I grew up in Jacksonville...