Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 23, 2007

    Rolle In London


    One FSU Seminole is spending time abroad. Sophomore rover Myron Rolle is spending part of his summer in London as part of FSU's International Programs. He provided some commentary from London:

    "Big red busses, heavy foot traffic and smart-sounding accents. One can find all of these in London, England. I have been here for approximately two weeks. There are some experiences that I have enjoyed and others that I have not. Nevertheless, it is always interesting meeting new people, seeing historic sights and comparing my American culture with the British one.

    We have visited several places around the city as well. We went to Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben, London Eye, Trafalgar Square and even the place where William Wallace ("Braveheart") was executed. Our tour guide always had a Ripleys-believe-it-or-not type story to accompany any place we visited. I was leaning on the "believe it not" side, but it was still interesting to hear the tales.

    I got to meet up with former FSU National Champion and All-American Garrett Johnson. We were close friends when he was in school so it was great to spend a whole day with him here in London. He is doing well and adjusting to the European lifestyle. He is truly my role model and embodies everything an ideal scholar-athlete must possess - intelligence, discipline, confidence and a heart for helping others. He has been competing all around Europe and I am planning on traveling to Scotland to see him compete. Garrett also helped me locate a weight room near the FSU Study Centre that was conducive to the type of lifts I needed to perform. The gym is in a school of a UK Olympic thrower named Scott Rider. Don't worry, Coach Jost, I am still training and eating right - currently at 214 lbs. " (I guess that Myron hasn't heard that Jost may be gone or reassigned by the time he gets back)

    No comments: