Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 07, 2006

    Q & A: Myron Rolle - Part 2

    Q. How was it been getting adjusted to the workload that comes with being in the early stages of earning that degree?

    M.R.: Well, this is the question where I get to plug my high school a bit. I went to a boarding school so it was tough. I took about eight A.P. (advanced placement) classes in high school so the workload really hasn’t changed for me and I have been able to adjust to college academics a lot easier.

    Q. And I am sure that FSU is a bit bigger than your boarding school too.

    M.R. (Laughing) Oh yeah. When I came on my recruiting visit here in the summer (of 2005) we were in the car driving everywhere so it didn’t seem like it was that far but when you are here walking … it takes about 20 minutes to get from here (the practice fields) to the Westcott Building. I had to learn the bus routes fast.

    Q. What about the recognition? Does anybody on campus stop you for an autograph or anything like that?

    M.R. Yeah it definitely happens. I have been asked for autographs and pictures on the bus and walking to classes. Facebook is a big thing. A lot of people request me to be their friend on there. But I enjoy it. A lot of people know who I am so hopefully I can live up to their expectations for me and do well when I put on that Seminole uniform.

    Q. So how do you juggle the academic, athletic and celebrity of all this?

    M.R. That’s a really good question. I just try to stay sane and keep my priorities straight my just hanging out with friends and keep my family close because they are the ones that keep me grounded. All that outside stuff can come at you and inflate your head a little bit but you have to stay grounded.

    Q. Well, speaking of family; I know that your older brother is going to be enrolling in the Sports Management graduate program in the summer but I have noticed that some other member of your family have been out at some practices. That must be quite the journey from New Jersey.

    M.R. My mother is actually out here right now watching practice. She actually moved down here. I am the baby of the family so she didn’t want to go too far from me. She is down here now and she likes it. It’s really good to have her here. Anytime I need a ride somewhere she’s there for me. If I ever need anything she is there. One thing I did tell her though, was to make it seem like she was still in Jersey and I am here because I still have to feel like I am in college and on my own as a man. But, it’s still really good to hav

    No comments: