Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 06, 2006

    Q & A: Myron Rolle

    Q. After being such a dominant player in high school, what has been the biggest difference here at a major college program?

    Myron Rolle: The biggest difference is the mental part of it. You have to think a lot faster because the players are a lot faster. I think once you get over that hurdle and you react to your reads and the ball quicker than you can become a good player. That is definitely a big difference from high school.

    Q. What about the coaches? You are now out here on the field with the winningest coach in Division I history in Bobby Bowden and a defensive coordinator in Mickey Andrews that is considered one of the best as well.

    M.R.: That is definitely a difference. Coach Andrews expects a lot out of you and you should expect a lot out of yourself playing for Florida State University. He will yell at you and he will get on you but you just have to take it in stride and take his good advice and work with it. That helps you become a better player and improve.

    Q. What about improving? What are the areas that you are concentrating on making yourself get better at?

    M.R.: I just think that I need to work on learning the system a little more. I am brand new and I have done pretty well so far with only being here for a couple of months. I think once I learn everything I will be ready to go against Miami (in the 2006 season opener). I think that’s my biggest weakness right

    No comments: