Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 18, 2006

    Friday Morning Practice Report

    • FSU practiced for 24 periods at 8:30 Friday morning and is scheduled to go back out for the second session of the day at 6:15 p.m. (18 periods)

    • In today's Wall Street Journal, Florida State was rated No. 1 in a study that evaluated schools in terms of producing the best NFL player by measuring each pro's impact

    • SI.com released a list of the ACC's top 10 players which included two Seminoles (Buster Davis at No. 5 and Drew Weatherford at No. 8)

    • Freshman cornerback Patrick Robinson continued to impress, recording a pass break-up and an interception in 11-on-11 Friday morning

    • Other defensive highlights from 11-on-11 included tackles for loss by Buster Davis, Geno Hayes, Rodney Gallon and Andre Fluellen

    • Drew Weatherford led the offense with an 18-yard completion to Lorenzo Booker and touchdown passes to Brandon Warren (12 yards) and Chris Davis (5 yards)

    • Marcus Sims had two rushes for 13 yards, Antone Smith ran twice for 11 yards and Jamaal Edwards gained 13 yards on three carries

    • In goalline, the No. 1 defense stopped the No. 2 offense on all three tries while the No. 1 offense was 2-for-3 against the No. 2 defense with touchdowns coming on the ground from Smith and Lorenzo Booker

    • The Seminoles will practice once on Saturday (9:45 a.m. flex) with one hour on the practice fields and one hour in the stadium


    QUOTES

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden

    (On practice)

    "I thought we showed some improvement. That is what we have to do every day."

    (On the defensive line injuries)

    "We hope to get them back. (Letroy) Guion is back working out there. The other kid (Emmanuel Dunbar) isn't back yet but we hope to get him back. They play and they are veterans and we sure need them. After they go out then we are talking about freshmen, pure freshmen."

    (On Marcus Sims)

    "Marcus is doing well. He runs better than I thought. I thought he might run like a fullback but he doesn't. He has some little moves in there and his balance is pretty doggone good."

    (Thoughts on the Miami game)

    "I think there is too much hard work in practice. It is too hot to even think about two weeks away. We are just trying to get through the day."

    (On Patrick Robinson)

    "He made two big plays out there today."

    Cornerback Patrick Robinson

    (On making big plays during practice)

    "It feels good. It builds my confidence. When you are out there you have to be comfortable, then once you are comfortable you make more plays."

    (On his confidence level)

    "I feel confident right now. When I make the plays I feel happy and then my confidence just builds up and builds up. Then you feel like you could do anything."

    (First feeling at Florida State)

    "When I first got here I was happy. I have been through a lot in high school and I worked hard to get here. I was thankful to be here and after that I was ready to go to work. In college it is a whole another level. It is faster and everybody is strong and fast."

    (On playing time)

    "I came here to play and compete. When I was being recruited and thinking about coming here, everybody asked about playing time and starting. But I came here to compete. When you go to college you are going to have to compete to start."

    No comments: