Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 17, 2008

    Bobby Shoots From The Hip


    You can't make these things up. Seems that Bobby Bowden has weighed in on the Preston Parker gun incident with the advice that you should have a gun when traveling in certain neighborhoods.

    Bowden was speaking to a few reporters at the Crescent Oaks Country Club in Tarpon Springs this past week when discussing the Parker incident. He said he is not ready to ban his players from having guns like the University of Miami did last year.

    Then Bobby made this comment. " I hate to say this, but if you are in certain neighborhoods, you better have a gun. You have to protect yourself and your family. I really hate to say that, but it’s the way things have gotten.” That's right Bobby. Ignore the fact that players are doing things illegally and continue to condone their behavior.

    2 comments:

    robrrt said...

    I have to back BB on this one. He has a gun himself. Who would he be to deny what the 2nd amendment allows? Just follow provided law (which Preston apparently didn't) and don't bring it on campus (another rule I disagree with, but that's another subject.)

    tallynolefan said...

    I am not disagreeing with the 2nd amendment. I wholeheartedly support it. However, BB always seems to be condoning the illegal behavior of his players.