Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 03, 2006

    FSU Offers Georgia Player A Scholarship


    Antwane Greenlee couldn't believe his eyes on Thursday. The 6-foot-6, 310-pound lineman looked down at his phone and saw a text message. It said to call Mark McHale at Florida State. McHale's message was to offer him a full scholarship to play football at Florida State.

    "I was surprised, I've never seen a letter from them at all," said Greenlee. "It was out of the blue. I grew up an FSU fan. I was like, who is this? Are you kidding me?" The Columbus, Georgia native played tight end as a junior but will move back to offensive tackle as a senior. When he played on the line a season ago, the Hardaway High School product averaged five pancake blocks a game.

    "Coach McHale said to keep in touch," said Greenlee. "He will send me text messages, he can't call me because I'm a junior."

    No comments: