Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 29, 2006

    Quotes From Bobby Bowden Re Wednesday Practice











    It is coming along. We're making progress, there's no doubt about it. Sometimes I wish we could run every down just to see what we could do. The running game has made progress and I want to keep doing it, but of course you can't do it without a line. I don't care what kind of backs you've got, if you're inferior up front, then you can forget it. But we're getting some good work there (offensive line) and the guys have stayed healthy and are getting better."

    Comments: Why is Bobby Bowden seemingly already attempting to make excuses for the running game? Fans will accept no more excuses for his son. Period.

    (on quarterback Drew Weatherford's efforts to cut down on his turnovers)

    "I don't think he's thrown an interception this spring, has he? That's a good thing. There are so many things that you think of as negatives that are very important in football and one of them is not throwing interceptions. If he wasn't completing as many passes as he normally was, but wasn't throwing interceptions, you'd probably say he still improved. The old expression, `you don't win games, you lose them' is so true. You lose them by throwing interceptions, by fumbling, by taking penalties."

    (on the running backs so far this spring)

    "Antone [Smith] is doing as good as I'd hoped. (Lorenzo) Booker is doing as good as I'd hoped. (Jamaal) Edwards gives us a little more power, he's 220 pounds now. (Russell) Ball has been the surprise to me, because I see some talent there. Then of course we've got (Pat) Davis who's a walk-on but he's just as tough as is gets."

    No comments: