Final thoughts on the college bowl season:
* Can someone explain to me why two inferior bowls were sandwiched between the BCS bowl games and the national championship game? Don't understand it.
* Can we now say out loud that Ohio State did not deserve to be in the national championship game? I think there are at least four teams in the SEC that could have beaten Ohio State. Ohio State's bowl record against SEC? Buckeyes are 0-9 against the SEC.
* The most mismatched bowl game had to be the Georgia-Hawaii game. Hawaii should never have been in a BCS bowl. Georgia defense was awesome.
* So how far have the salaries of college football coaches come? Well, SMU has just hired Hawaii head coach June Jones to a 5-year deal worth about $2 million per year. SMU?
* So what about some of the other bowls and my awards?
Fold Like A Cheap Chair Award- Clemson for once again folding against Auburn.
The Who Cares Award- GMAC bowl with Tulsa beating Bowling Green 63-7.
Good Karma Award- All around decent guy and retiring Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr whose team beat the ever cocky Gators. Also, I think it was bush league for new Michigan head coach Rich Rodriquez to be on sidelines and take the spotlight away from Lloyd Carr.
The Kirk Herbstreit "Homer" Award- Goes to Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Florida who all lost their bowl games. Seems that Herbie really doesn't know much about football other than to be a homer or shill for certain teams.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Posted by tallynolefan at 6:34 PM