Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 18, 2009

    Noles Don Shoulder Pads For Practice


    FSU Sports Information Excerpts:

    For the first time this spring the pads came out for a Seminole football practice. The team was still in shorts on Wednesday but the shoulder pads were on as the Seminoles practiced for the third straight day. Thursday will be the first off day for the team since spring practice began on Monday.

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden
    Statement on the NCAA sanctions:
    “My reaction to the NCAA sanctions is that it was too stiff and I think that (FSU President) Dr. Wetherell is right in making that appeal. The thing about it to me, this thing ain’t about me. That is really all I hear from commentators is ‘Bobby Bowden this’ and ‘Bobby Bowden’. It is about all of our coaches and our teams, you know. I think everybody is putting everything on my wins, which is just part of it. The big thing, the whole crux of it to me men does the punishment fit the crime? Does the punishment fit the crime? I think that’s the thing, that’s the thing we gotta find the answer to right there.”

    Note: You are wrong Bobby. This appeal is all about you. Your enabler T.K. Wetherell and yourself may get FSU stiffer penalties if FSU is able to win the appeal on vacating wins.

    On Wednesday’s practice:“Practice today, pretty good practice. We put the pads on. Not full pads but we had our shoulder pads and hats on. The boys handled it pretty good. It was a little bit hotter today and I guess it will get a little bit hotter this spring. Boy that throws it into a different intensity once that heat comes out.”

    No comments: