Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 30, 2009

    Noles Hold Monday Scrimmage


    FSU Sports Information Excerpts:

    There was no rest for the Seminole football team as far as scrimmages are concerned. After a long scrimmage on Saturday, the players were back out in full pads on Monday. The team spent 12 periods on the practice fields and then another 12 inside Doak Campbell Stadium as the team participated in a half scrimmage. Most of the scrimmage was spent working on situational play.

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden
    Opening statement:
    “I’ve never seen as many long runs in my life. I’m talking 60 yards, 70 yards. In the end the defense kind of tightened it up a bit. Anyway, it was a pretty good practice. I think we got by without any serious injuries”

    On the offensive line play leading to big plays:
    “That’s the starting place. If you can’t do it there, usually you can’t do it anywhere. They have been doing a pretty good job.”

    QB Christian Ponder:
    On today’s scrimmage:
    “We had a lot of great plays today and I feel like all spring that’s how it should have been. We came out and didn’t make a lot of mistakes early. We learned a lot from the last scrimmage. We just have to maintain it. Towards the end we got kind of sloppy.”

    On the blocking of the offensive line:
    “They are doing a tremendous job. Since the first day of spring ball I have had a ton of time. I’m sitting back there and I feel relaxed because of the time I have. They are doing an amazing job.”

    No comments: