Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 30, 2007

    "Rolle" Model

    Myron Rolle is the perfect example of a student athlete. He is an excellent student and an extraordinarily gifted athlete. He is the type of player that all coaches dream about getting. He started 10 games in 2006 and had 77 tackles to finish third on the team. With all that, there is one thing missing. Rolle wants to get more interceptions in 2007. His lone interception in 2006 came in the Emerald Bowl.

    “It was good to finally get my hands on one and bring it in,” Rolle said of his interception. “I think last year I was groomed to play a lot of run support. This year I feel we are calling a lot more coverages where I am a lot deeper and playing the pass a little more.

    Mickey Andrews will be happy if that happens this year. “If (the quarterbacks) make a mistake in football you got to make them pay,” Andrews said. “You can't go back and give them another chance. We've got to do a better job at that.” And you don't want to upset Mickey.

    Look for Rolle to have a great season in 2007. He's just that kind of student athlete.

    No comments: