Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, November 14, 2006

    Jeff Bowden Statement At Press Conference Announcing His Resignation


    "Well the sentence about getting right to the point has already been done. I'm disappointed, but there were some things I wanted to say. First of all, I wanted to thank the university, I want to thank Coach Bowden and I want to thank these players that I've been fortunate enough to coach. Because we've got great kids here, great athletes, great young talent and they're going to have a great future. My biggest regret is that I won't be here the next time Coach Bowden gets to hold up the crystal ball. That's my regret. Just a couple little things, if you don't mind. Twenty-five-plus years ago, Coach Bowden taught myself and taught an awful lot of players about never quitting right out there on that practice field. Twenty-five-plus years ago, he taught myself and a whole lot of players that have come through here about giving it all you've got. And I feel like I've done that. Twenty-five-plus years ago, he taught myself and a lot of players that have come through here to do what is right. And that's the reason I'm here, because I believe in my heart that, for Bobby Bowden, this is a decision I need to make and for myself and my family, maybe the most important, this is a decision I need to make for my family. I want to thank y'all. Florida State has the greatest fans in the country. I could not be happier with the future that this team has. I could not be happier that I had this opportunity, but it's just time for me to move on now. I just hope the next guy that comes in can close this deal for this program. Thank you. "

    No comments: