Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, November 14, 2006

    Tuesday Practice Report: Preparing For Western Michigan


    Florida State worked out for 21 periods in full pads Tuesday.

    The team spent most of the practice working against the scout teams.

    The practice included skeleton, 1-on-1 and some goal line. Part of the practice was spent working in position groups.

    HIGHLIGHTS
    The biggest plays turned in by the offense versus the scout team included deep hook-ups between Xavier Lee and Preston Parker and De'Cody Fagg. Drew Weatherford also completed long passes to the same two receivers.

    The defense recorded a number of interceptions during their work versus the scout team. Myron Rolle picked off two passes and J.R. Bryant, Anthony Leon and Lawrence Timmons all had INT's as well. Patrick Robinson and Jeremy Franklin both broke up passes.

    The offense had a good day in 1-on1. Lee and Weatherford both completed deep passes. On the receiving end of those bombs were Fagg, Greg Carr, Parker and Richard Goodman. Tony Carter had a break-up on a deep jump ball to Carr and Patrick Robinson also won one of the individual battles.

    QUOTES

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden
    "Practice went good. It was a good practice. I saw some enthusiasm."

    On what he has seen on Western Michigan?
    "They are big-old, good-looking kids. They remind me of Boston College. Their offense style is very much the same. Defensively they blitz, blitz, blitz. That is what they have done all year. I think they are third in the nation defensively now. I think they are fourth in the nation in sacks. That means they are coming all the time."

    Running Back Lorenzo Booker
    On when he found out about Jeff Bowden's resignation:
    "I found out when I got here (to Moore Athletic Center) because I am always on my phone. That thing is attached to my ear. When I got here I saw everybody else on their phone. I was thinking I am usually that guy they are making fun of. It didn't take long. I mean something like that is let out, you find out at some point. Again, were we shocked? Sure. There is a lot of criticism that goes on but the fact of the matter is everybody here is on the same team. You know we are all a family. Everybody wishes the best for coach JB. Obviously it is going to be a transition for everybody."

    "We wish him the best. You wish there was something you could tell him to kind of make the situation better. If coach (Bowden) can't convince him, I mean it would be hard for anybody else to."

    On whether the team will feel less pressure following the resignation:
    "I don't think so. If anything, it makes us want to go out there and play harder. Like I said, it is one of those things where there is finger-pointing going on and people will feel like it will get better because (coach Jeff Bowden) is gone but it doesn't do anything but make us want to finish the season stronger to try to convince people we are a family here. We win as a team. We lose as a team."

    Quarterback Drew Weatherford
    On his reaction when he heard about the resignation:
    "It was a complete surprise to all of us. Nobody really found out until we went to our meetings. Xavier (Lee) and I were sitting there talking to coach (Daryl) Dickey and we could tell something was wrong. He broke the news to us. So obviously it is upsetting. You spend so much time with a guy the last three years I have been here. To know he is not going to be our offensive coordinator anymore is upsetting."

    On the timing of the decision:
    "I don't know the reasoning behind doing it right now but obviously he felt led to do it. We support his decision. I feel we have a good enough core of leaders that we will be able to stay focused and be able to do what we have to do to win these next two games."

    On whether the team will rally around the situation:
    "There is nothing good that comes out of losing a coordinator. No, like I said I don't know of anything good that comes out of losing someone on your coaching staff. Nobody is too excited right now. We are 5-5. We are trying to compete for a bowl bid right now and that is our number one focus."

    No comments: