Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, September 02, 2006

    Friday Practice Report

    • The Seminoles worked out for approximately two hours Friday afternoon in shells (shorts, shoulder pads & helmets) as they put the final touches on the game plan for Monday's opener.

    • Highlights for the offense in 11-on-11 included a 30-yard pass from Drew Weatherford to Caz Piurowski, an 18-yard completion from Xavier Lee to Preston Parker and a 12-yard throw and catch from Weatherford to De'Cody Fagg.

    • The final play of the day was a diving interception by Roger Williams after Tony Carter deflected a deep pass down the sideline.

    • Tailback Lorenzo Booker was named to the Doak Walker Award watch list.

    • Senior Cory Brookins was awarded a scholarship. Brookins is a reserve offensive lineman who plays on the field goal and extra point team.

    • FSU will hold its final practice Saturday at 10:30 a.m. (12 periods) in helmets only and depart for Miami Sunday at noon.


    QUOTES

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden

    (On Saturday's practice)

    "It will be like a normal Thursday practice, in helmets and shorts and just go over the game plan completely and working on the kicking game a bit. Then do the last practice."

    (On who will start at tight end)

    "Tight ends are based on what formation. There could be no tight ends, we could go with three wide receivers or something like that we just don't know."

    (On Alex Boston's status)

    "Boston didn't practice today so I don't see how he could play. You never know he might get in there one play or something like that, goalline on defense but not counting on it.

    (On the starter at rover)

    "I'm not sure what Mickey's (Andrews) plan on that is but I'd think it was (Anthony) Houllis over (Myron) Rolle. Houllis has been working."

    (Four days before the Miami game)

    "You get to a point where you want to play a dadgum game. They are the same way. You want to line up against somebody different other than the same old guy everyday."

    (Are you ready for the Miami game?)

    "Yeah, we could play tomorrow."

    Cornerback J.R. Bryant

    (What does it mean to you playing at Miami?)

    "It means a lot about going down there to play the game. The thing I remember about going down there my freshman year, when I walked into the Orange Bowl I had been there before but I'd never played a game. I played a high school game but not under those circumstances. That atmosphere of Florida State-Miami is a big game and it was just crazy. I was kind of nervous the first time I got in but I don't think I will be like that this year."

    (Did you grow up thinking that you were going to play for Miami?)

    "No, not really, I grew up watching Florida State. At the time Miami was on probation and Florida State had the dynasty. As I got to high school and was starting to get recruited, Miami started winning. They won the national championships in 2001, and they started recruiting me."

    No comments: