Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 20, 2006

    Site Calling For Bobby Bowden to Retire

    Florida State's narrow escape against 30-point underdog Troy on Sept. 9 ignited the latest grumbling about FSU's less-than-potent offense. Following FSU's 27-20 loss to Clemson on Saturday, the grumbling gave way to shouting on fan Web sites.

    In the wake of FSU's loss to Clemson, here is the Web daddy of them all: retirecoachbowden.com, which has been up and running since January but not really alive until this week. The Web site is reminiscent of fireronzook.com, a site that surfaced shortly after the former Florida coach was hired in 2002.

    The Web site is owned by Darrell Frink, who operates Sunshine State Web Designs in Orange City, about 30 miles north of Orlando.

    "We're not a fire Bobby Bowden Web site," Frink said Tuesday. "We want to see him go out with the grace he deserves. I'm saddened by the whole thing. I just don't think he is making good decisions the last five years. I would tell my father that."

    To back up his request of Bowden, college football's all-time winningest coach with 361 career victories, Frink lists several reasons why he is concerned about the program's direction. The Web site is beginning to keep the 1982 FSU alum busy around the clock.

    "We knew when it started in January that it would be low-key until football season," Frink said. "This whole week has been nutty. I've got a lot of people saying I'm lying, that I'm a Gator fan. I'm as legitimate [a FSU fan] as they come."

    No comments: