Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 20, 2006

    Wednesday Practice Report

    • 17th-ranked Florida State worked out on Wednesday in shells (shoulder pads, shorts and helmets) in preparation for Saturday's 3:30 p.m. kickoff against Rice on ESPNU.

    • Quarterback Drew Weatherford went 6-for-8 during the 8-on-8 drill with both misses being a pair of drop balls. Weathford's big play was a 45-yard completion to Greg Carr.

    • Also during 8-on-8, quarterback Xavier Lee was 2-of-7 with two drops but he did hook up with Chris Davis for a 25-yard strike.

    • Both the No. 1 and No. 2 defenses had the upper hand during 11-on-11 as the two quarterbacks combined for 7-of-15 passing. Defensive end Neefy Moffett had the lone sack. • Weatherford completed a pair of passes to running back Lorenzo Booker while Lee hit Antone Smith for 15 yards and Davis for 13 more.

    • FSU will practice one more time on Thursday before Saturday's contest.

    • The Bobby Bowden Call-In Show airs Thursday night from 7-8 p.m. on the Seminole Radio Network and can be seen locally WTWC NBC 40 (Channel 12).

    QUOTES
    Head Coach Bobby Bowden
    (On Kevin McNeil and the time he has missed)
    "It is tough. It is kind of unfair. Here is a guy who qualified then his daggum papers get hung up by the NCAA for a month and a half. They should have clear it up just like everyone else but it sits on the desk for a week and it has really thrown him behind but the good part is that he is in school now. How much playing he will do if any, I don't know."

    (What are you going to look for out of Drew Weatherford this weekend?)
    "I hope he can have a good day. I hope we can protect him. I hope he can handle the ball real good and make some throws."

    (On Weatherford)
    "He has so much to learn. We forget he is only a sophomore. Even Clemson quarterback who did an outstanding job was a fifth year senior. They grow a lot more at that point than the do now. Just like (Chris) Weinke got better every year."

    (How much has Myron Rolle improved since he first showed up at camp?)
    "All I can say is that he has probably improved but he hasn't had as many at bats as he got during the spring time where he was going every series just about. He will be starting now this week with (Anthony) Houllis out."

    WR Chris Davis
    (What have you had to work on coming into this week?)
    "I just think we need to execute what we have been doing. What ever we are doing or what ever we can we just have to execute."

    (On need to make plays as a senior)
    "Anytime they call my number I feel that I need to come up with the play or make something happen. I just need to lead by example."

    (On his first three weeks)
    "There is always room for more work. I don't think I'm playing at my best potential right now. I have a lot more to give."

    CB Tony Carter
    (On the defense)
    "Coach (Mickey) Andrews is telling us that we need to be hungry for it. The first two games we look pretty impressive out there then the last game we gave up too many big plays and we are trying to eliminate that. We need to come out and play a lot hard and make the tackles when we have too."

    (On Rice)
    "You have to go into each game trying to get a shut out and most of all trying to get a victory. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day so we aren't going to take them lightly at all."

    (On his number of reps at punt return)
    "I have been getting a lot of reps today so we will see what happens on Friday."

    (How do you feel returning punts?)
    "Confident, confident, I am ready to make something happen. I know what it feels like to have the ball in my hands now so hopefully I can get comfortable catching them and trying to make a score for us."

    No comments: