Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 07, 2006

    Thursday Practice Report

    The No. 9 Florida State Seminoles (1-0, 1-0 ACC) held their final practice for Saturday's home opener against Troy (1-0) Thursday afternoon. The team worked for about an hour and a half in shorts, going mainly against scout teams. The game against Troy will be televised on pay-per-view in the state of Florida at 6 p.m.

    QUOTES

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden

    (on playing QB Xavier Lee this Saturday)

    "We don't have a plan. We're going to meet in the morning. I would sure like to get him (Xavier Lee) some work and that's all I can say."

    (on getting some back-ups more playing time this Saturday)

    "We sure would like to. Last year, against Citadel, I think they had us 10-3 and at halftime it was about 16-10. I can't start free substituting like that. We've got to get control of the game. Once you get control of the game, you can put some people in there so I just hope we do that."

    (on making improvements after your first game)

    "Usually in the first ballgame, you find out your weaknesses and have a week to correct them but we didn't have a week, we had like four days. But there's usually a lot of improvement between the first two games and same for them (your opponent).

    NG Paul Griffin

    (on playing the home-opener)

    "I'm really looking forward to playing this game. We've prepared hard. I said after the game at Miami that we're going to have one of the best defenses in the nation so I am always looking forward to playing. I excited for my first experience playing at Doak Campbell Stadium. It's going to be real exciting."

    (on the Miami game)

    "That was unbelievable. Coming from a junior college to this program and playing in a game like that and how exciting it was. It was one of the best experiences ever."

    TE Brandon Warren

    (On his play during the Miami game)

    "You can never be satisfied with your play. There is always room to get better. I mean I did some good things, I guess. To be a true freshman and be playing in that game is an honor. I wanted to go out and play 110 percent and I think I did that."

    (On playing right away even though he just started during the fall)

    "I was focused. My goal when I first signed with Florida State was to come in and potentially fight for a starting job. I geared in and focused. I got my plays done and my assignments right. They told me once I got them right, I would be out on the field."

    (On upcoming game against Troy)

    "The top goal is that we just want to win and I want to contribute offensively as a tight end."

    (On possibility of him playing defense)

    "There are still a couple of things that we are trying to get in offensively. They are really trying to get me to learn offense first. Then I would say by NC State I will be playing a little bit of defense, maybe, and some special teams so I'm looking forward to that."

    No comments: