Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 09, 2007

    Colorado To Attack And Heat Gets to Gators


    Colorado coach Dan Hawkins said Wednesday during the school's media day activities that CU will play offensively in more of an "attack" mode this season.

    "I've coached a little basketball in my day, and I'm not a guru," Hawkins explained, "but if I were a basketball coach, we'd run. We'd run. We'd attack and we'd run every time. We'd push the ball."

    That frenetic pace was Hawkins' trademark when he went 53-11 in five seasons at Boise State.

    ____

    The oppressive heat that has gripped Gainesville this week finally got to a few Gators during Wednesday's practice.m Junior quarterback Bryan Waggener and junior offensive lineman Jim Tartt did not finish practice Wednesday due to "heat issues," according to Meyer. Temperatures hovered near the mid-90s on Wednesday with a heat index of over 100 degrees. "Our trainers do a great job with that," Meyer said.
    ____

    He came to Alabama as a quarterback. Then he switched to tailback during fall camp of his freshman season. Now, Jimmy Johns is a fullback. Coach Nick Saban made the revelation following practice Tuesday and on Wednesday, Johns was all smiles. "We're winners," Johns said when asked about his initial reaction to the move. "I'm a winner. I know Coach Saban is the same way. I didn't have a doubt."

    No comments: