Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 02, 2006

    Thursday Practice Report: Final Prep for Virginia


    The Seminoles practiced in shorts and helmets for 15 periods on the FSU Football Practice Fields.

    It was the final practice in preparation for their game against Virginia on Saturday. The game is scheduled to begin at noon and will be televised by Lincoln Financial Sports.

    QUOTES

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden

    (On Drew Weatherford)

    "He had a pretty good day today. He will be the back up quarterback."

    (On injuries finally catching up with the team)

    "I think the injuries have been the big thing. We have filled in with the talent pretty good. It isn't the talent it is the inexperience."

    (On Xavier Lee)

    "I am anxious to see what he can do."


    QB Drew Weatherford

    (On his injury)


    "To be honest at this point I feel that I could escape the rush a little bit and do enough to avoid rushes and get out of the pocket."

    QB Xavier Lee

    (On his week of practice)

    "I am trying to make more out of practice everyday. I am working hard and trying to get a good feel for the game so when certain situations come around I will be very prepared for them."

    (Has practice been different after a full week of being the number one quarterback?)

    "No, not at all. Every week I practice like I am going to start. I have the same preparation, just in the back of my mind I know that I am going to start."

    No comments: