Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 09, 2006

    Thursday Practice Report: Final Prep for Wake


    • The Florida State football team held its final practice of the week before Saturday's contest with No. 18/19 Wake Forest.

    • The Seminoles practiced for 18 periods in shorts and helmets for the 8 p.m. ABC broadcast.

    • For the second-straight season, Florida State quarterback Drew Weatherford has been named to ESPN The Magazine's Academic All-District Team. Weatherford holds a 3.49 grade point average in business finance. To be eligible for the honor, student-athletes must carry a 3.2 GPA and be at least a sophomore in terms of athletic eligibility.

    • Florida State started the practice by working on special teams before spending most of the practice working against scout teams.

    • Against the scout team, quarterback Xavier Lee completed a 20-yard pass to Greg Carr and Weatherford connected with Caz Piurowski for a 20-yard strike.

    • Saturday is FSU's ACC finale; the Seminoles are 12-2 in their final ACC game of the year, including three wins over Wake Forest.

    • CSTV: College Sports Television will air a special episode of the critically acclaimed series ONE2ONE PRESENTED BY TIAA-CREF, featuring a provocative interview with head coach Bobby Bowden on Sunday, November 12, at 7:30 p.m. (ET). During the interview, conducted by CSTV's Greg Amsinger, Bowden talks in-depth about a myriad of topics, including: Coaching against his son Tommy and coaching with his son Jeffrey, his eventual successor at Florida State, analysis of elite FSU players over the past 10 years and his legacy at Florida State


    (On the return of injured players):

    "There's a good chance that De'Cody Fagg will start on Saturday. Rodney Gallon got some work today."

    (On Joe Paterno not coaching this weekend):

    "I had heard that he wasn't going to be there from someone earlier today. I heard he was going to try to get into the press box, but I guess he won't be able to because of his foot and all."


    Wide Receiver De'Cody Fagg
    (On his left ankle):

    "My ankle is still a little tender, but I was out there running today and I looked better than I have any other day. Once the soreness and tenderness settled down I'm ready to go. The limp is going away and I'm back to running all of my routes at full speed so I'm ready for Saturday."

    (On whether he'll start on Saturday):

    "I made every practice this week, but I'm not going to start. I'm going to let Joslin (Shaw) start and I'll come in off the bench and be ready to go. I think I'd be able to play the whole game if I had to."

    (On their competition against Wake Forest):

    "We'll be able to attack their secondary because they're small, they're corners are small but they have nice size safeties. Greg (Carr), Chris Davis and I are big receivers and we're going to do our job. Hopefully Xavier Lee and Drew Weatherford do a good job of getting us the ball and we'll help them out the best way we can."

    No comments: