Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 15, 2006

    Western Michigan Has Florida Connections


    The Western Michigan football team has 12 players that hail from the state of Florida. So what else is new? Seems that everyone recruits athletes from here.

    According to the Kalamazoo Gazette's Graham Couch, Joe Chapple. the senior receiver from South Bay, Fla., has 35 family members that are Tallahassee-bound.

    "Basically, everyone's coming,'' Chapple said, continuing the "everyone" theme. "Only my mom and dad have seen me (play) in person. ... With my college career winding down, to have my family see me play for the first time, it's special."

    If you look at the stats of FSU and Western Michigan, the teams are very similar. The Broncos do have the advantage in rushing yards and have a runner that has almost a thousand rushing yards for the year.

    All in all, it will come down to who has the more quality athletes. On paper, it is the Noles but you have to wonder how much of a distraction the Jeff Bowden resignation will be to the team.

    No comments: