Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 30, 2008

    Noles Look For Playmakers As Miami Week Begins


    FSU Sports Information Excerpts:

    Florida State versus Miami is a legendary series and while it may not captivate the nation’s attention as it once did, it is just as big on the respective campuses as it ever was. You could hear that in the voice of Miami’s Corey Surrency in his post practice interviews Tuesday and you sure couldn’t tell it wasn’t a No. 1 versus No. 2battle listening to head coach Bobby Bowden as well. With the win versus Colorado now squarely behind them, Tuesday the Hurricanes were on everyone’s mind.

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden:
    “I thought we had a pretty good practice today. The boys worked pretty hard and it seemed like the defense got the best of the inside running drills. It seemed like the offense got the best of the passing drills. I don’t know what that means but the passing looked pretty sharp; hope they keep it up.”

    On whether he needs more production out of the “playmakers”:
    “Yes, you’d love to have better production out of everybody. I think it will happen. What’s going to happen, the way we spread the field, it’s going to happen to this guy one day and it’s going to happen to this guy the next day. It’s not likely one guy can dominate like that. We’d like for all of them to step up.”

    WR Corey Surrency:
    On what the Miami game means to play at home:
    “It means a lot to me because I’m going back to play in my home town. It’s like my first time playing in my hometown for a collegiate football game. It means a lot and I can’t wait but I’m not trying to overwhelm me like that. I’m not trying to think too much about it.”

    No comments: