Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 15, 2006

    Will Work For Coke


    Seminole Boosters Vice President Charlie Barnes said the official fundraising organization for university athletics will fund the Jeff Bowden contract through concession revenue.

    "Donor money that people give us -- those are tax deductable donations that go to scholarships and facililities," Barnes said. "Money to fund this contract(Jeff Bowden Buy Out) comes from concessions, primarily Coca Cola."

    Thanks for the clarification Charlie. That makes it all better

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I received an email response from Andy Miller regarding the egregious buy out deal for Jeff. Andy says its "more complicated and it was a sound business deal", which leads me to believe that the old man demanded it. No further explanation. Perhaps some day, we'll know the true reasons. It seems to me that this sets a terrible precedent; do the other assistant coaches get similar deals? If not, I bet they'll have a lawyer who says yes indeed they do.

    tallynolefan said...

    It was a sound business deal for Jeff Bowden. I agree with you. I wonder how other coaches will react to this? The boosters should be ashamed of this.