Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 25, 2006

    FSU Holds Final Practice: Preparing For UCLA


    The Florida State football team held its final practice for its December 27th meeting with the UCLA Bruins in the 2006 Emerald Bowl. The Seminoles went 15 periods in shorts in the final practice of the season.

    NOTES:

    The team worked on special teams, went over blocking assignments and the quarterbacks and wide receivers fine-tuned their patterns.

    The defense worked versus the scout team. Highlights included pass break-ups by Lawrence Timmons, Tony Carter and Korey Mangum. Toddrick Verdell came up with an INT.

    The offense worked a good deal on goal line versus the scout team. Both Drew Weatherford and Xavier Lee connected on numerous TD passes. Richard Goodman hauled in three. Greg Carr and Chris Davis were among a group of players who caught TD passes as well.

    The team will have a Christmas service at 5:30 p.m. followed by Christmas dinner with the travel party.

    The Seminoles will not do a walk-thru at the AT&T Stadium tomorrow because forecasters are calling for rain.

    Emmanuel Dunbar, Graham Gano, Letroy Guion, David Overmyer, Myron Rolle and Drew Weatherford made a visit to the Pediatric Ward and the Emergency Room at the California Pacific Medical Center Monday morning where they went around the hospital with Dr. Oded Herbsman, the Medical Director of the Pediatric Ward, and visited with children and distributed Unconquered T-shirts and FSU shakers.Denise, 13, was very excited to meet the Seminoles. "I like their school colors because they're red and gold. I was pretty much shocked because I didn't think they would be so tall. I was really surprised. I'm totally going to watch the game."

    QUOTES:

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden

    (on this being the last practice before the game)

    "We usually don't do anything on Friday (the day before a game) so we'll do a walk-through tomorrow but we'll do it in the hotel. The weather report for tomorrow is not good and if they put the tarp down, we can't go down there anyways."

    (on the team looking rusty in Tallahassee and how they've responded)

    "They've picked up a lot. It's like anything. When you're off that long and I'm sure UCLA has the same problem although they played later than we did, it's like starting all over a little bit but they usually pick it up pretty quick and they have. I thought practice yesterday looked pretty good."

    (on today's practice)

    "Everything today will be mental just about. You'll be going through plays and trying to be sure that everybody knows what they're doing."

    (on what he got for Christmas)

    "I didn't get a dadgum thing. Typical, typical. But I know this. Once I get home I'll have a handkerchief, a pair or socks and I'm sure somebody will get me a tie. I can't count on that."

    OG/OT David Overmyer

    (on hospital visit)

    "This was a great opportunity for us to come to see these children, who aren't as fortunate as us, on Christmas day. It's sad to see that there are not in their homes on Christmas day. It makes you realize everything you have.

    WR Chris Davis

    (on his last practice, game as a Seminole)

    "It may cross my mind a little bit before but while I'm practicing, it doesn't really hit me until the end. It's a good and bad thing because you're going to miss it but at the same time, you're kind of glad it's coming to an end. I'm really ready for the next thing. It's exciting, new things to come."

    DE Darrell Burston

    (on his last game)

    "This is it. I can't believe it's coming to an end. One more game, and I guess I'll be thinking about just trying to move on, try to give the league a shot and see what happens from there."

    (on the team this week)

    "I think we've responded good this week in practice.. Everybody's just looking forward to playing and we're ready to play. With being my last game, it could be emotional for me. I was emotional when we played Florida with that being my last home game so I don't know."

    S Myron Rolle

    (on the week of practice)

    "I think practices have gone pretty well. They've been pretty much what we do in Tallahassee. Just the whole experience about being in a different city, somewhere a lot different than we're all used to and being able to do different activities throughout the week has all made it pretty interesting and pretty fun."

    (on how this game can jumpstart the team for next year)

    "This game could be great momentum going into next year. You don't really want to think about the past and all of the things that happened this year but you just want to focus on how we can build on all that we've gone through this year and how we could start a good streak of winning a lot of games and this could be the first one."

    No comments: