Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 20, 2006

    Wednesday Football Practice: Preparing For UCLA


    The Florida State football team was back on the practice field Wednesday in preparation for its Dec. 27 Emerald Bowl showdown with UCLA.

    • The Seminoles practice for 18 periods in shells (helmet, shoulder pads, shorts).

    • During 11-on-11, quarterback Drew Weatherford was 2-for-2 with a 25-yard pass to running back Lorenzo Booker and a 10-yard hook to Greg Carr. Weatherford also had a five-yard run.

    • Quarterback Xavier Lee went 1-for-2 against the first team defense

    • Freshman defensive end Everett Brown had a tackle for a loss during the first period of 11-on-11.

    • Defense dominated the one-minute drill portion of 11-on-11 as linebackers Lawrence Timmons and Rodney Gallon recording tackles for a loss.

    • The longest offensive play during one-minute drill was a 20-yard run by Weatherford.

    • Lee connected with Richard Goodman for a 10-yard pass during one-minute drill.

    QUOTES
    Head Coach Bowden Quotes:

    On the schedule for the rest of the week):
    "We just went one time today. We'll go one time tomorrow, probably a little scrimmaging, but not much."

    (On whether he's undecided about the quarterback situation):
    "I'm not undecided whatsoever. I'm just not ready to announce it. I'm just being ornery, I guess."

    (On UCLA's defense):
    "It's a very good defense. I don't think they have ... maybe they have one dadgum senior on the defense. Most of them are juniors. The two defensive ends stand out. They're just a good solid defense that can run good. They remind you of the defenses over here."

    (On whether he'll make an official quarterback announcement):
    "I don't know when I'll announce it. It's just not that big a deal. I don't know why anybody cares."

    Quarterback Drew Weatherford
    (On the Emerald Bowl):
    "It's just another big football to be honest. I don't think it's weird at all. We haven't had as successful of a season as we'd like to, so this is another opportunity to come out and redeem ourselves and start off everything for a good season next year."

    "This game is different for me because every Christmas so far in my life has been with all eight of my siblings and my mother and my father, so it's a little different being on the other side of the country this year. They're not making the trip [to California] but I'll have aunts, uncles and cousins representing me from California and Texas. I don't know if it's possible for me to play without family there."

    (On how big the difference between 7-6 record versus 6-7):
    "It's a big difference. It comes down to either having a winning record or a losing record. That's very important to us. Every game is really important to us when it comes down to it. We want to win every game we play in and even though our record isn't what we'd like it to be, we want to win this one as bad as we want to win every other one."

    No comments: