Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 24, 2007

    FSU-NC State Game Time Set...Navy Original Foe...Bowden Said No To Competing For Bama Job


    Florida State will have an afternoon kickoff when it hosts North Carolina State on Oct. 6. The game will be shown regionally on ABC beginning at 3:30 p.m. This will be Chuck Amato's first meeting against the team he coached for seven seasons.

    ___

    Navy was the original opponent for FSU in Jacksonville. Rick Catlett, president of the Gator Bowl Association, went after the Naval Academy’s approval. At the end, the answer was no and the subsequent result was the matchup between the Noles and Alabama.
    ___

    In 1986, Alabama was looking for a head coach after Ray Perkins left for the pros. Bobby Bowden was approached by a group of boosters who said the school wanted to talk to him about the job. "I thought maybe I was being called to go back there," Bowden said. "That's my home. I'm obligated to go back. I felt like this is the way my life is supposed to go."However, Bowden told the university he did not want to go through an interview. "I said I'll talk if he wants to offer me the job. I got a good job." Bowden was brought in and interviewed in front of a committee. Disenchanted, he withdrew his name once he realized he was one of several people being interviewed.

    No comments: