Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 06, 2006

    Show Me The Money

    A Lakeland High School football player is under investigation for allegedly accepting gifts that could violate rules of amateurism, according to the Florida High School Athletic Association.

    Chris Rainey, Lakeland's star senior running back, told The Miami Herald he received sports jerseys and jewelry from a Lakeland clothing vendor in exchange for an autograph. He also said he received cash from an unknown elderly woman.

    According to the Miami Herald who has the interview on tape Rainey said ''I didn't even count it.'' 'When I walk around, people are buying me food, giving me money. I'm like, `Damn, I'm glad I'm Chris Rainey. It's real nice to be me.'''

    Rainey, a University of Florida commitment, is one of the top running back prospects in the nation.

    No comments: