Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 10, 2006

    Surratt Out For Emerald Bowl


    Florida State fullback Joe Surratt had surgery on his right shoulder Friday and will miss the Dec. 27 Emerald Bowl against UCLA. Surratt leads the team in rushing touchdowns with six. Freshman Seddrick Holloway is working with the first team at fullback, and will likely start against the Bruins (7-5, 4-5 Pac-10).

    ______

    Tailback Antone Smith, of Pahokee, did not practice because of the elbow injury he sustained in the Nov. 18 game against Western Michigan. But Smith did say there is a "little possibility" that he will be able to play against UCLA in the Emerald Bowl on Dec. 27.

    "I want to play real bad, but I've got to do what's best for myself right now and that's basically getting back to 100 percent," Smith said. "Right now, I'm not 100 percent. If I feel like I can play, then I will."

    No comments: