Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 06, 2007

    No Wilt In This Rose


    To say offensive lines coach Rick Trickett became unglued during the Florida State-Clemson game is an understatement. Upset by the lack of execution from his unit ,Trickett exploded on the sideline with some choice words that began with "F" and included the word "you" in the sentence. His primary target for the verbal barrage was Daron Rose. Rose, a sophomore LT and one of three FSU offensive linemen who made their first career start Monday, struggled with his assignments early in the game. To his credit, Rose responded and played much better in the second half, unaffected by Trickett’s verbal assault.

    “It doesn’t bug me,’’ Rose said Wednesday. “It’s [like] sticks and stones. He’s trying to help us. He is just getting after us because I messed up, and that’s on me. I can’t take what he said like it hurt my feelings.’’ He went on to say that Trickett was " trying to help us. He is just getting after us because I messed up, and that’s on me. I can’t take what he said like it hurt my feelings.’’

    No comments: