Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 30, 2007

    "Daddy Bowden" Makes Home Visit


    Bobby Bowden must have a ton of frequent flier miles. It seems this year he is traveling a lot to try and secure commitments from some top recruits. So far, the effort has not paid off.

    The Spartanburg, South Carolina newspaper is reporting that "Daddy Bowden" along with two of his assistants paid a home visit Monday night with Broome(SC) WR Markish Jones (6-1 202) Monday night. "It went pretty good," Jones said. "It was good he remembered me. Some of the other coaches were saying he wouldn't remember who I was. We had a real good time." Jones is currently a commitment to Clemson.

    Jones said the meeting lasted about two and a half hours and included his family. "They loved coach Bowden," Jones said. "My stepdad has been a Florida State fan since day one." Over the weekend Jones made an official visit to Tennessee. "I had a great time at Tennessee," he said. "It's going to make my decision hard.

    If I weren't committed to Clemson, it would be Florida State or Tennessee, but right now Clemson is still in the lead." Jones said his recruiters from Tennessee and Alabama also will be in this week. He will make an official visit to Alabama this weekend.

    No comments: