Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 08, 2007

    It's Official: FSU Hires Fisher


    Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden announced Monday that Jimbo Fisher has accepted the position of offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Florida State. Fisher just finished his seventh season with the same title at LSU with a win over Notre Dame in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

    "I'm very happy that Jimbo will be joining our staff and I could not be more excited about the future of our program," said Bowden. "I've followed Jimbo's career for a long time and his ability to put in an offense and adjust as the season goes along is second to none. He brings the experience and attitude that I was looking for in a coordinator. I think when you look at what we have in place offensively now with Jimbo, Rick (Trickett), Lawrence (Dawsey), John Lilly and the potential candidates for an additional offensive assistant, it really is an exciting time for Florida State."

    "I am very excited about the opportunity to come to Florida State University," said Fisher. "I've always had great respect for Florida State and utmost respect for Coach Bowden. The opportunity to coach at Florida State and to grow as a coach under Coach Bowden was one that I could not pass up."

    No comments: