Ranking the ACC bowls in terms of competition,national interest and excitement:
8. Champs Sports Bowl - Maryland beats Purdue 24-7. A ho hummer of a game. Boring.
7. Music City Bowl-Kentucky beats Clemson 28-20.Andre Woodson threw for three touchdowns and 300 yards as Kentucky surprised Clemson 28-20 in the Music City Bowl on Friday, the Wildcats' first postseason victory in 22 years.
6. MPC Computers Bowl - Kirby Freeman threw for 272 yards and two long touchdowns, ran for another score and the Hurricanes' defense came through in the final moments to help Miami beat Nevada 21-20 in the MPC Computers Bowl on Sunday night, Coker's final game at Miami. Ok, it was on blue turf and no one cared about the game.
5. Emerald Bowl- FSU beats UCLA 44-27. Ok, this is not one of your top tier bowls. However, it was in a great city and matched two marquee programs. The game was exciting and the outcome uncertain until the fourth quarter.
4. Orange Bowl-Surprising Wake Forest didn't quite have enough as Louisville turned it on in the second half and beat the Deacons 24-13.
3. Chick-fil-A Bowl- Georgia beats Virginia Tech 31-24 as Georgia set up two fourth-quarter touchdowns with interceptions and Georgia rallied from an 18-point deficit to upset No. 14 Virginia Tech.
2.Gator Bowl-Quarterback Patrick White led West Virginia back from an 18-point deficit in the second half for a 38-35 victory over Georgia Tech in the Gator Bowl game in Jacksonville.
1. Meineke Bowl-Boston College beats Navy 25-24. An exciting down to the last minute win for the Boston College Eagles with a field goal that won the game.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Posted by tallynolefan at 12:01 AM