1. FSU's 29 point margin of victory over Wisconsin is the largest margin in a bowl game by the Noles and surpassed the 28-3 beat down of North Carolina in the 1983 Peach Bowl.
2. The Seminoles with their ninth win against Wisconsin accomplished a nine win season for the first time since the 2004 season.
3. The Champs Sports Bowl set a new attendance record on Saturday and this is the fourth time in five years Florida State has helped set a new attendance record at a bowl game.
4. Wisconsin's 42-13 loss to FSU marked the second-worst loss in UW bowl history, trailing only the 44-8 loss to Washington in the 1960 Rose Bowl.
5. FSU controlled the clock in the game as the Noles dominated possession time 35:08 to 24:52 for Wisconsin.
6. The man known as "Money", Graham Gano, was not only the MVP of the bowl game but also was in charge of pulling up a chunk of the grass to take back to Tallahassee and add to FSU's sod cemetery.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Posted by tallynolefan at 12:16 PM