Stadium:Byrd Stadium (51,500)
Location:College Park, MD
Series:Saturday’s game is the 17th in the football series between Maryland and Florida State. The Seminoles hold a 15-1 edge in the series.
• Florida State travels for the last time of the regular-season when the Seminoles face Maryland in College Park Saturday. FSU has fallen in two of its last three games while Maryland has won two straight games. The Seminoles are 2-1 on the road this season while the Terrapins are a perfect 4-0 at
Byrd Stadium in 2006. Saturday’s contest will feature the ACC’s top two tacklers in Maryland linebacker Wesley Jefferson (65 total, 9.3 pg) and Florida State linebacker Buster Davis (63 total, 9.0
• The Seminoles are averaging 28.9 points per game this season. Only once has Florida State not scored at least 24 points against Maryland and that was in 17-20 loss to the Terrapins in College Park
• FSU’s defense is allowing 19.0 points per game. Maryland enters the game at 23.7 points per game. In 16 meetings between FSU and Maryland, the Seminoles have surrendered 20 or more points seven
• The Seminoles started four true freshman on defense in the Boston College game and could again at Maryland. Overall, FSU has played an ACC-high 17 true freshman this year while Maryland has played just one.
• The Maryland game will be Florida State’s 64th appearance on an ESPN network (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.) and the fourth appearance on the network(s) this season so far. Overall, FSU is 52-11 on an ESPN network.
Gameday Weather:Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
TV:ESPN2: Ron Franklin (play-by-play), Ed Cunningham (color) & Jeanine Edwards (sideline).
Friday, October 27, 2006
Posted by tallynolefan at 11:04 AM