Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 17, 2006

    Tuesday Practice Report: Preparing For Boston College


    · Florida State practiced 21 periods Tuesday in shells as the team continued its preparations for Boston College.

    · After working on special teams, the team broke up into position groups.

    · Both units got in some work versus the scout teams with the defense spending some time working on goal line.

    · In 1-on-1 Drew Weatherford connected twice with Preston Parker and on a deep pass to Richard Goodman. Korey Mangum intercepted a ball he pulled away from Damon McDaniel on a juggling catch and Michael Ray Garvin had a nice pass break-up on a deep ball.

    · The highlights from pass skel included Xavier Lee connecting with Charlie Graham on a deep ball and Lawrence Timmons deflecting a ball thrown over the middle.

    · In 11-on-11 Lee had a big gainer on a run and he also connected with Goodman on another pass. Defensively Kevin McNeil recorded a tackle in the backfield and Jeremy Franklin recovered a fumble forced by the defense.

    QUOTES

    Coach Bowden Quotes

    "We got through the practice today despite the weather. Hopefully it will dry up in the next couple of days."

    "Jamaal Edwards worked out but is not participating in practice. I don't think he'll be ready for Boston College, but maybe the next week."

    "Tony Carter got a little work today, not much. We're hoping by Thursday he'll feel pretty good, we'll know by that time if he can cut or not."

    "Boston College reminds me of what they used to call a "Big Eastern Team" with big offensive linemen, big backs and can really power you and control the ball. They have a very good passing game."

    On Tony Carter's tendency to want to play while inured:

    "We'll have to be a bit cautious with Tony and make sure we have the doctor's approval on it. He'll have to feel pretty good about it too. If he's having any trouble cutting, then we'll have to play somebody else."

    Tony Carter on the progress of his injury recovery

    "I feel pretty good overall. I got a new knee brace today so I'm trying to get used to wearing it without depending on it. The coaches are telling me to take my time and see how I feel, but I know how I feel and I feel pretty good right now. I missed two games so I have a lot of catching up to do."

    No comments: