Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 26, 2006

    Thursday Practice Report: Final Prep for Maryland

    The Florida State football team held their final practice session in preparation for the Saturday night game at Maryland on the FSU Football Practice Fields.


    * The Seminoles practiced in shorts and helmets for 15 periods on the FSU Football Practice Fields.

    * It was the final practice in preparation for their game at Maryland Saturday night. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.

    * The Seminoles will meet the Terps in a game televised by espn2. It marks the fifth time in eight games this season Florida State will appear on the ESPN family of channels. The Seminoles opened the season on ESPN against Miami; appeared on espn2 against Troy; ESPN against Clemson and ESPN against NC State.

    QUOTES

    Head Coach Bobby Bowden

    (on the status of players for game)

    "De'Cody Fagg is out, Boston practiced yesterday, got about four plays in and couldn't go after that, so we're not counting on him, but we will take him and maybe he will get in a play or two. He (Jamaal Edwards) is making progress, I still don't think he is quite 100 percent, but he is making progress."

    (on Brandon Warren's status)

    "He has had a good week of practice. I'm not sure; it depends on what formation we are in. That could be tough; it just depends on what formation we are in."

    Tony Carter

    (on what he feels about other teams staying away from passing to his side of the field)

    "I don't know, maybe it's in the game plan to not throw to the wide side of the field. I don't think it's because of me. I hope it is but maybe teams just don't throw to the wide side of the field. It's easier to throw to the short side of the field."

    (on if he has feelings that the ball may never come his way)

    "Not really, because if I fall asleep, that's when they are probably going to hit me with one. It feels like high school again. The crowd keeps me into it, if I ever get bored and they throw the ball to the other side of the field five times, then I always say the next ones coming, the next one is coming. I always tell myself that in my head."

    No comments: