Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 02, 2008

    Noles Have Best Week Of Practice According To Ponder


    FSU Sports Information Excerpts:

    All the talking is over. All the preparations are done. All that is left to do is get down to Miami and play the game. The Seminole football team practiced for 15 periods and put the finishing touches on their game plan for Miami. The first regular season meeting between the teams in Dolphin Stadium will be broadcast to a national audience on ABC and ESPN2.

    Quarterback Christian Ponder:
    On practice this week:
    "This has been the best week we have had all year. We came out focused, motivated and practiced well. It's Miami week and everyone is excited."

    The key offensively:
    "We need to carry off from where we left last game. We need to keep that running game going and minimize mistakes. I need to put my team in the best position to win. I have prepared myself all week and think I'm ready to go."

    Cornerback Tony Carter
    On last year's loss:
    "It's a big thing for us. They snuck one on us last season so I am 2-1 versus Miami and I want to go out on top. I want to go out with a big bang. It`s a big game for our team in the ACC conference. We have to cause a lot of turnovers. They are pretty young and some of those guys it's their first time playing versus Florida State so we have to make them have adversity early on, cause a lot of turnovers and go out and fly around, take care of business as a whole defense and not give them big plays. In a game like this one big play can be a determining factor in the end."

    No comments: